Reveal your vibrant, healthy side this spring!
The flowers are blooming, the birds are singing, and it’s warming up outside. Finally, spring is here!! What a perfect time to jump start a complete tune-up of your body, mind, and soul as you prepare for the carefree months ahead! Read on for tips to get healthy…inside and out.
- Eliminate bad habits. We all have those annoying little habits that need to be addressed. Do you procrastinate? Do you overspend when you hit the mall? Have you been sliding into work a few minutes late? Take this opportunity to recognize your areas of weakness and make the necessary adjustments to rid yourself of these pesky behaviors. Achieving self- discipline is a great way to boost your self-esteem.
- Give your diet a complete overhaul. Eating well is not just about losing weight. It’s about being healthy. A diet rich in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and lean meats is essential for good health. It’s a lifestyle, not a weight-loss fad. When we put healthy food inside of us, we feel better and we look better. Go ahead and commit to being healthy!
- Make fitness fun! Shed winter weight gain. It’s a fact, most people gain at least a pound, if not more, during winter. If you choose an activity you enjoy doing, you are more likely to stick to it. Involve the whole family or perhaps a friend. Go bike riding together or take a walk together a few times a week. Get together for a game of touch football or basketball. You don’t have to go to a gym to be fit. Gather family members or friends and get moving!
- Get your Zzzz’s. We are all guilty of not getting enough sleep from time to time. But did you know that poor sleep habits affect many, if not all, areas of your life? When we don’t get enough sleep, we simply aren’t running at full capacity. We’re not giving our best to our jobs, families, or even to ourselves. Turn off the television at night and head to bed. Isn’t it worth it if it makes you better in every aspect of your life?
- Reveal radiant skin! The winter months wreak havoc on our skin. We are exposed to freezing temperatures when we are outdoors followed by dry heat when we step inside. This is a recipe for dry, scaly, itchy skin. As the weather is warming up, take this opportunity to get your skin in shape. You must exfoliate and moisturize to reveal youthful, dewy skin. Your esthetician can create a skin care regimen for you and recommend the appropriate home care products to keep your skin glowing this spring.
- Don’t forget about your lips. Your lips suffer from the harsh winter weather just like the rest of your body does. Again, exfoliating and moisturizing are key to revealing smooth, moist lips. Visit the spa so we can show you what products are best for you.
Spring is a time of renewal. It’s time to get rid of the winter blues and breathe in fresh, clean air. Make this season your time of personal regeneration. Go ahead and try these tips for a month. We are confident you will experience an extra spring in your step!!