1/2 cup olive oil
1/3 cup soy sauce
4 scallions, washed and cut in 1/2
2 large cloves garlic
1/4 cup lime juice
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
2 pounds inside skirt steak, cut into 3 equal pieces
Special equipment: blow dryer
1. Heat charcoal until grey ash appears.
2. In a blender, mix oil, soy sauce, scallions, garlic, lime juice, red pepper, cumin, and sugar and puree.
3. Place pieces of steak in a large Ziplock bag and pour in marinade. Seal bag, removing as much air as possible. Allow steak to marinate for 1 hour in refrigerator.
4. Remove steak from bag and pat dry with paper towels.
5. Using a blow dryer, blow charcoal clean of ash.
6. Place steaks directly onto hot coals for 1 minute per side. When finished cooking, place meat in aluminum foil, wrap, and allow to sit for 15 minutes.
7. Remove meat from foil, reserving foil and juices.
8. Slice thinly across the grain of the meat. Return to foil pouch and toss with juice.
Serve with your favorite red wine and side salad for a delightful, romantic meal!