- 2 large eggplants, peeled & sliced 1/2″ thick lengthwise
- 2 medium 4 red bell peppers, julienne
- 1 medium red onion, julienne
- 1 cup carrots, julienne
- 1/2 cup portabello mushrooms, julienned
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 8 oz. fresh spinach
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 6 oz. lite mozzarella cheese or cheese substitute (such as soy kaas)
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Now Do This
- Lightly spray eggplant slices with olive oil.
- Place on hot broiler until eggplant is soft enough to roll without tearing.
- Sauté the mushrooms, bell peppers, onions, carrots, celery, and garlic until just tender.
- Add spinach long enough to wilt.
- Remove from heat and place in mixing bowl.
- Toss in 2 to 3 tablespoons of pasta sauce and shredded soy cheese.
- Place some of mixture on each eggplant slice and roll.
- Place eggplant rolls in lightly oiled sauté pan.
- Top with marinara sauce and small amount of shredded cheese.
- Bake in oven until hot through.
Here’s the Skinny
Serving size: 2 Cal: 180 Fat (g): 7g Carbs (g): 18g Fiber (g): 5g Protein (g): 11g